Solar Panel Installation Company, San Jose CA
The prevalence of “green” energy generation systems in San Jose, CA is growing every year, and an increasing number of people decide to install a solar power plant. The advantages of these technologies are obvious. When carrying out real calculations, it becomes clear that the transition to energy consumption from renewable sources can be beneficial and very profitable.
What are solar panels?
These are devices for the direct conversion of light or solar energy into electricity, also known as a photovoltaic module or simply new solar panels. A photovoltaic module is a device that structurally combines solar cells and has output terminals for connecting an external consumer. Solar panels are just one of several essential components needed to harness solar energy in San Jose, CA.
How does it work
Sunlight in the form of photons of light hits the surface of the solar panel. When photons collide with the semiconductor’s surface, they transfer energy to the electrons of the semiconductor. Electrons knocked out of a semiconductor due to an impact overcome the protective layer, carrying additional energy with them. As a result, negative electrons pass into conductor n from the p-conductor, while positive electrons perform the reverse maneuver. This transition is facilitated by the electric fields that are currently present in the conductors. Subsequently, they increase the difference and the strength of the charges.
If the battery, illuminated by the sun, is closed to a certain load with resistance R, then the appearance of an electric current I is observed. Its value is determined by the load resistance, the intensity of illumination, and the photoelectric converter quality. The power P released in the load is determined by the formula P = I * U, where U indicates the battery terminals’ voltage.
What does a solar home kit include
For full-fledged autonomous operation, a typical solar station for a home in San Jose, CA should contain the following equipment list:
- Panels. The main element of the system, responsible for energy production. Panels of predominantly polycrystalline or monocrystalline types are used. There are alternative options, and however, due to their low efficiency, they are not widely used in the domestic sector.
- Storage device. At night, the system does not generate energy. However, it is in the evening that lighting is needed, and most household electrical appliances work. Therefore a solar power plant must be equipped with a battery system to accumulate and store the energy generated during the day.
- Controller. Designed to control the charging process. The moment the battery reaches 100% charge, the controller disconnects the batteries. With a small battery capacity, the presence of a controller is especially critical. There are several types of controllers: MPPT and PWM.
- Inverter. Solar panels can only generate constant electricity. Therefore, to power the home network, it is necessary to convert the voltage to standard parameters. To ensure a high level of autonomy, it is advisable to replace some consumers with energy-efficient counterparts. Just replacing incandescent lamps with LEDs reduces energy consumption several times.
What are the benefits of solar power for a home
Solar energy experts say the cost of producing solar cells has dropped over the past decade. Accordingly, prices for ready-made batteries have decreased and will continue to fall as technology advances. See how the price for the production of 1 kW with electricity panels fell and what is the trend for the future:
- 2004 – € 7.4.
- 2019 – € 0.27.
- 2023 – € 0.09.
This forecast means that in about three years, the cost of “solar kilowatt” should equal, if not lower, the tariffs for electricity from traditional sources.
To equip your site in San Jose, CA with a full-fledged solar power plant, you need certain financial investments. However, it is more correct to consider such costs as an investment in the future – over time, the system fully pays for itself and gives the owner numerous advantages:
- independence from rolling blackouts;
- the absence of voltage surges, leading to damage to household electrical appliances;
- no need to pay for power supply;
- the resource is inexhaustible;
- high reliability;
- Environmental friendliness.
If a home solar power plant generates more electricity than the household uses, it is possible to sell electricity from renewable sources to the state. Because In winter, solar power generation is minimal, and the profit from the sale of excess energy in the summer covers all costs.
Who is it for
Before buying and installing solar panels for generating electricity, you should make the correct calculations. Here are the 3 main questions you must answer.
What is the price of your energy?
This is the very first and most important calculation before purchasing solar panels. The main financial sense is that you can pay less in the future than you do now. Solar panels should pay for themselves as quickly as possible.
What type of roof is your
Inspect your roof and also its shape. The most important thing is that all the solar panels you have planned can fit your roof. Also, an important factor is the quality of your roof material. The most suitable option would be bituminous or concrete shingles, as well as a roof made of metal materials. This way, your roof will not be overloaded by the weights of the entire solar panel system.
Replacing your roof before installing solar panels is a great solution. This will help avoid any potential problems in the future.
Some solar panels have a long service life (up to 40 years). If you start having problems with your old roof, then you will have to dismantle the entire solar panel system to start repairing the roof.
Do you have enough light?
It is recommended that you invite a solar energy expert in San Jose, CA to inspect the position of your home. The part of the roof on which the solar panels will be placed must receive the maximum amount of sunlight.
What is your climate?
An efficient home power plant can be installed in a wide range of climatic zones. Even extreme rainy conditions like in San Jose are not hindrances to installing an autonomous power supply at home.
There are highly efficient solar panels that are capable of converting both direct and indirect sunlight. However, if your area is frequently exposed to severe weather, you need to check the panels’ strength rating so that they can work without crashes.